How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
Canada is undeniably a destination to study your desired courses. The country has some of the best schools in the world today with the right facilities to promote education.
Aside from that, you are opportune to work while studying in the Country.
Therefore, there is a lot of things to gain from studying in this great country.
For those that are interested in schooling in Canada, this article will describe how to apply for Canada student visa.
It is advisable to follow the steps discussed here religiously.
Requirements for the Canada Student Visa
Before we go through the application stage, you need to see some of the things required to get this visa below;
- Have a valid passport and this passport must cover your period of stay in Canada.
- You should be in a good health state. Take the International Medical Examination (IME) to prove this.
- Have zero criminal history
- You should be able to convince the immigration officer that you have a strong bond with your country.
- Proof that you have enough funds.
- Get your passport photographs ready. The size of this photograph should be at least 35mm x 45mm and should not be older than 6 months.
- Take the English proficiency examinations like the TOEFL, IELTS.
- Have a credit card for payment purpose.
- Write your statement of purpose.
Steps to Apply for Canada Student Visa
Applying for this visa is not as stressful as you may think. It only requires your ability to follow instructions.
So let’s get started!
- Gather the Following Documents in A Folder or Envelop
- Financial solvency:
It is the amount of money you must have to carry out your study trip. Although, this depends on the length of your program. So you should present the necessary documents to prove your financial solvency.
- A cover letter containing the full name, profession and plans of the applicant (the reason why you want to study in Canada and the program for which you have been accepted, your educational goals)
- A valid passport and previous passports
- Original receipt of payment of the visa and biometrics
- Photocopy of the passport biometric data page
- Photocopy of the last degree obtained and degree certificate
- Fill out the visa form
You are required to fill out the forms below to apply for Canada student visa;
- The IMM 1294 student visa application form
- If you are over 18 years old, you must fill out the family information form (IMM 5707)
- Copy of the acceptance letter from the educational institution in Canada.
- If your course is in a city in the province of Quebec (in Montreal for example), you must apply online for the CAQ certificate, it is a requirement for the visa application. This process can take between 4 and 6 weeks.
- Perform the document review with the guide of the Checklist (format IMM 5483).
- Present Yourself To The VFS Global To File Your Application
VFS is a Visa and Passport Application Processing Service. You should deliver your application in an envelope to them for processing.
The Visa payment can be made directly thereby credit or debit card.
- Visa Costs: $ 150CAD
- Biometrics Cost: $ 85CAD
- Processing Time:1 month
- For Quebec: $ 111CAD
- Processing Time: 2 months
- Receive the Passport with the Visa Directly At Your Home
Canada student visa should be the first thing that comes to the mind of a student who wishes to school in the country.
Therefore, you should understand how to apply for a Canada student visa and then take the necessary actions.
You should not forget to share this article with your colleagues online who might also find this useful. Thanks.