Steps To Get a Scholarship in Canada
Canada is a dream place to study for most students around the world today. Therefore, your search for the steps to get a scholarship in Canada is not surprising.
Canada is one of the destinations that attract most young foreigners because studying in Canada can help improve your level of English.
Also, the quality of life is another advantage of studying in Canada. The country also has a great diversity of landscapes that students can discover during their stay.
Steps To Get a Scholarship in Canada
To get a scholarship in Canada, you should follow the steps below;
- Choose a scholarship
The first step to get a scholarship in Canada is to choose the scholarship you wish to receive. So below are the scholarships that you can consider;
- The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships can amount to up to $ 50,000 per year per student for 3 years
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships which worth $ 70,000 per year for a period of 2 non-renewable.
- The doctoral scholarships awarded by the Trudeau Foundation, which awards around fifteen scholarships each year for students with exceptional backgrounds. The amount of this funding can be up to $ 60,000 per year for 4 years.
- The Rotary Foundation’s Ambassadorial Scholarships awards more than 1,000 scholarships per year.
- Read the Requirements to Be Able To Apply
Each scholarship has its vision and requirements.
(Target, Age, Level, Country …)
So, you must read all the information carefully so as not to waste your time on a scholarship that does not correspond to your profile.
- Prepare a Scholarship Application File
Once you have chosen the scholarship that suits you, it is necessary to prepare an application file following the scholarship.
The scholarship application file is unique for each university scholarship.
Each scholarship asks you to prepare a file according to its information needs (file evaluation criteria) to be able to assess your scholarship application.
For example, some universities need to know information about you;
- Native country
- Language level
Therefore, they will ask for documents to be able to assess their information and evaluate your request. Some of these documents include;
- A scholarship application form.
- A cover letter. **
- A student CV. ***
- Your diplomas.
In addition to the documents indicated above, depending on the scholarship, you may need to add:
- Language tests like TOEFL
- Your Internship Certificates
- Work certificates
Once you have prepared your application, we move on to the next step.
- Submit Your Scholarship Request
Each scholarship request is specific. And each scholarship has its procedure for being able to apply.
But in general, there are two ways to apply for a scholarship.
- Apply for a scholarship via email
This is the most widely used way to send scholarship applications.
The file that you must put together must be sent via the official email intended for the reception of scholarship applications.
- Apply for a scholarship online
To be able to apply for a university scholarship, you must in many cases send your application online on the official website of the university or organization offering the scholarship.
- Take Tests and Interviews
If your application is accepted, you will be informed and invited to take one or more tests (written or interview/oral) at the embassy of the country or a local agency in your country.
- Confirmation of the Scholarship
If you pass all the tests and interviews, you will be granted the scholarship, but not yet definitively.
You are only admitted partially. The scholarship organizers will contact the universities where you wish to study to check the availability of places and start the formalities.
If one of the universities agrees to receive you and the formalities are done perfectly, then you will receive a letter confirming your total admission to the scholarship.
I believe that you now get the steps to get a scholarship in Canada. Therefore, the process should no longer be a mystery to you.
Ensure that you share this with your colleagues online as they might also be interested in knowing these steps.